I made this video last night. I was just running through some of the features that I use when I’m using a beatseqr.
Archive for June, 2011
Alright, this jig I made to hold the dremel flex shaft horizontally worked *beautifully*. I hand-programmed the gcode, and I obviously have some more fine tuning to do, but overall, I’m on the right track!
Here’s the nice clean hole the jig produced. Adjustments required, but almost there.
Video of the jig in action:
Alright so one of the last hurdles to jump before I’m ready for production is being ready to cut holes in the sides of the enclosures for the USB cable. I’ve been doing this by hand with a dremel with *extremely* variable results. :-/ So, when my pal Jim was up for a visit earlier this year, he helped brainstorm on some ideas and this was the concept we ended up with. Using the dxf files for the cnc machine, I was able to locate the hole pattern and design a new piece that will bolt on to the existing z axis gantry. This new piece, with the help of some shape lock, securely holds a flex shaft attachment for a dremel… Which in theory should let me jig a beatseqr enclosure to the table and cut nice clean square holes without and problems or sloppiness. In theory. But man, I’m getting really close to having the infrastructure in place to do what I want. Getting pretty exciting up in here!!
Well it was a long fun night. We had technical problems and came up with great solutions. It was great, and I hope we get to do it again next year. Here’s an hour long video of us playing. Sorry for the lack of light. You get an idea of what was going on, though. It’s available in 720p… and the sound is better at that resolution.
Thanks again to Matthew Gamez for the great photo!